Wednesday 15 October 2014

The faceless clown

A critique of all things that speed up our lives and yet make us forget what is important.


I often wonder if google is all it is cranked up to be,

It is interesting when adults make themselves playgrounds when they are supposed to be working. I love my job yet have learned that students need adults to be adults not act like children.

Endless supplies of food, yet as a personal trainer, my clients needed self control.Have we changed?
Why are people besotted with something, when there is no gain without pain?

Has technology ever done anything for me?. It has speed up my life yet what I need is to slow down to the rhythm of my children. Siri decides what I need from the net, but what would she know she is only a faceless clown. Isn't it time I stepped up and determined my own path.

Predictive text causes chaos rather then communicating what I really want to say. So I have switched it off and have learned to think before I speak. No one tells me what to do!

Google allows me to access to a huge amount of information yet I would prefer honesty and respect and that I cannot google.

Someone  wise once told me that nothing is free and I have found when something is advertised to be free - there is always a catch or an agenda.

China was painted as the evil clown by google but how can I trust anything I hear on the internet when I google that news item. We know that history is tainted by bias.


All I have left to say is that as a parent and as a teacher, I am responsible for my children and my students.

Since I can't get my money back if google is not all it is cranked up to be. I would like to know who will take responsibility if this affects the children.

A faceless clown?




No comments:

Post a Comment